EIT Digital is looking for independent members for its Supervisory Board
Application deadline: February 28, 2023
We believe in making and shaping a competitive digital Europe that is inclusive, fair and sustainable and aim at global impact through European innovation fuelled by entrepreneurial talent and digital technology.
We embody the future of innovation by mobilizing a pan-European multi-stakeholder open-innovation ecosystem of top European corporations, SMEs, startups, universities, and research institutes, where students, researchers, engineers, business developers and investors address the technology, talent, skills, business and capital needs of digital entrepreneurship.
We build the next generation of digital ventures, digital products, and services, and breed digital entrepreneurial talent, helping business and entrepreneurs to be at the frontier of digital innovation by providing them with technology, talent, and growth support.
EIT Digital IVZW is a non-for-profit Association under Belgian law and has its head office in Brussels, Belgium and has offices in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Berlin, Braga, Budapest, Edinburgh, Eindhoven, Helsinki, London, Madrid, Milano, Munich, Nice, Paris, Rennes, San Francisco, Sophia Antipolis, Stockholm, Tallinn and Trento.
For more information, visit www.eitdigital.eu.
Role of the Supervisory Board in EIT Digital
The Supervisory Board has a supervisory and non-operational function, overseeing the activities of EIT Digital and monitoring the definition, approval and fulfilment of the Strategic Innovation Agenda. It appoints the CEO and the Management Committee (MC) members, supervises their work and discusses and approves strategic decisions that guide the organisation, which are developed and proposed by the MC.
It is elected by the General Assembly and will be composed by representatives of the Partners and five independent board members with complementary skills and experiences.
The Supervisory Board meets four times a year virtually or face to face. Furthermore, work on specific topics may be performed.
The Supervisory Board Members are appointed for a term of two years, which can be renewed twice by the General Assembly (so maximum of 6 years).
The Supervisory Board of EIT Digital needs to be diverse, not only in terms of experience and professional backgrounds, but also in terms of geographic spread, generational connection and gender.
Candidates should fit the following profile:
- Proven track record in the digital sector in Europe, ideally with a strong international dimension and a relevant network; preferably with already existing board experience
- Passion for innovation & entrepreneurship as well as the willingness and motivation to become a forceful ambassador for EIT Digital
- Neither directly nor indirectly holds an interest in a Member, does not act for a Member
- Excellent communication skills in English
- In order to have a mix of backgrounds in the Supervisory Board, we are looking for candidates with one or more of the following backgrounds:
- Innovation credibility: people who have experience in digital innovation and technology, who are considered top notch in the digital deep tech community
- Leading commercial growth: people who have been creating, leading and scaling digital businesses at international level
- Entrepreneurial education: people who have experience in digital higher education
- Financial and fundraising expertise: venture capitalists/investors/investment bankers in the digital industry, including start-ups or people with financial management background with a major player in the sector
Expenses and offered compensation
Board members are entitled to a financial compensation connected to their participation in board meetings and committee activities.
EIT Digital applies a policy of equal opportunities and accepts applications without discrimination on any grounds.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation and highlighting the quality of your application at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 28, 2023 17.00 CET (Brussels time).
For further information, please reach out to email@example.com.