Over the coming five years the ERC is supporting early-career researchers in the three major domains of Physical Engineering (where ICT is mainly represented in the 6th panel for Computer Science), Life Sciences and Humanities. These grants will support the creation of excellent new research teams and will strengthen others that have recently been created.
- We are pleased and proud to have a number of these promising talents in our organisation, says Willem Jonker, CEO, EIT ICT Labs. To be more precise, for the present round, within panel 6, INRIA will host three new laureates, KTH two laureates and Imperial College, one laureate.
ERC Starting Grant in brief
· For early-career top researchers of any nationality and age,
with 2-12 years of experience after PhD
· Funding: up to €2 million per grant for up to five years
· Calls for proposals: published annually in summer with deadlines in autumn
· Average age of selected researchers is 37 years, 21 % are women
ERC website: erc.europa.eu