Implementing digital solutions in the food processing industry is needed to meet the consumer needs. But it requires new approaches. That is why the EIT Digital Professional School is offering a totally new course to master the skills it takes to improve process control and production to meet the consumer needs at reasonable costs, maintenance, and logistics. Become a pioneer of Food Industry4.0 and the digital revolution of the food chain.
When: 3 and 4 December
Where: Online from EIT Digital Node in Budapest
Partner: Campden BRI Hungary
Price: 1850 euro
The short executive course Digitalisation and Industry 4.0 in Food Processing provides deeper insights in the digitalisation and Industry 4.0 for the Food Industry. You will develop an overview of the basic aspects, possibilities and limitations of the application of digital and Industry 4.0 solutions. Furthermore, you will understand the basics and trends of consumer needs and customer requirements in the Food Industry.
This course provides background knowledge and hands-on trainings on
- Why do we need to implement Industry4.0 in food processing?
- Introduction to Industry 4.0 and digitisation
- Introduction to the operation, needs of the food processing industry
- Management process of developing new products and processes
- Industry 4.0 and digital techniques
- Business applications
- Group exercises in transdisciplinary teams on identification of needs and potential solutions
Key take aways:
- Learn from experts of cutting-edge research fields and experienced professionals of food processing
- to meet the needs and requirements of food manufacturing businesses with digital solutions and how to overcome the food industry-specific barriers
- to identify new opportunities in improving the performance of food processing operations
- Apply your knowledge to lead the digital transformation of the food industry
- Digital solution providers will explore and understand the specific problems, needs and requirements of the food processing
- Food industry professionals will meet and learn the new possibilities and enablers of digitalization and Industry4.0
- Both groups will benefit from the transdisciplinary dialogue and community building through the face-2-face workshop and hands-on exercises
- Future I4.0 managers of food companies, who will be aware of the enabling functions and application opportunities of the I4.0 solutions in the food industry
- R+I staff of I4.0 and digital solution providers -who will understand the needs of the food industry.
The short executive course will be given in blended course model, consisting of an online course module and a 2 days intensive online training to cover all relevant topics of digitalisation in the food industry. During the online training workshop, you will encounter real-life demos and exercises to gain hands-on experiences about the implementation of novel solutions in food processing.
About the suppliers of the short executive course
The EIT Digital Professional works together with Campden BRI Hungary, the National Research Council of Italy (CNR) and ELTE university’s Faculty of Informatics in providing the short executive course.
Campden BRI Hungary is a private food industrial R+D+I organization, with long national & international R&D&I practice, training experiences to a large number of food businesses, providing R+D+I, KTT, auditing food safety management systems and implementation of capacity building programs, and improving competitiveness through sustainable production and reduction of use of resources. It has relevant experience in matching food industry needs and digital & I4.0 solutions and has a key role in different European transdisciplinary projects related to digitalisation.
CNR is the major public body in Italy performing research, innovation and supporting education and policy making, with experience in Industry 4.0.
Hungarian ELTE university’s Faculty of Informatics has long experience on IoT, big data analytics - artificial intelligence.