Rennes is a vibrant city and a world-class technological hotspot in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT). Located in the western part of France (Brittany, 1h20 minutes from Paris), the city is a major education and high-tech R&D centre of global renown. Rennes is one of the few clusters in the world at the convergence point of media, telecommunications and information technologies. Recent history of Rennes demonstrates many critical breakthroughs as a matter of foundation and development of world standards in ICT: ATM, MP3, JPEG, OFDM, Turbo codes, MPEG4.
By opening a satellite in Rennes, in September 2012, EIT Digital offers the opportunity for students, entrepreneurs and researchers to access a top-flight education on the cutting edge of innovation and with a strive for excellence. The satellite node director is Jean-Marc Jezequel, and the manager is Alvaro Pina Stranger.
EIT Digital is a key player on the Rennes regional scene. It is integrated within major national and regional initiatives to promote French entrepreneurship (PEPITE, la French Tech : le poool) and complements major national strategic educational investments in the area of computer science in Brittany (Ouest Valorisation TTO and B-Com Institute of Technological Research).
The EIT Digital partners in Rennes are University of Rennes 1, INRIA,, the competitiveness cluster Images & Réseaux, Bretagne Development Innovation, Artefacto, Degetel, the SME JCP Connect, and WipSea.
With over 60,000 students from a total population of 225,000, Rennes is one of France’s liveliest and student-friendliest cities. EIT Digital hosts 2 Masters (Cloud and Network Infrastructures and Cybersecurity) and one Doctoral School dedicated to Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
The Satellite is fully equipped with all the standard EIT Digital communications facilities, meeting rooms, co working space and flex offices to accommodate research and innovation activities.
The Rennes Satellite Co-Location Centre is located in the East area of Rennes at:
EIT Digital Rennes
Pôle Numérique Rennes Beaulieu
Building 09 B - 2nd floor
Campus de Beaulieu
263 av. du Général Leclerc
35042 RENNES cedex
Click here for the map.
- By train: Rennes is connected by TGV (High Speed Train) to Paris Montparnasse and Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport
- By plane: Rennes is connected to major European cities. The airport website can provide you with all necessary information
- By public transportation: Rennes is fully connected through the transportation network STAR.To visit the co-location centre, you can plan your itinerary from Aire Libre (Saint-Jacques-de-la-Lande) until Tournebride (Cesson-Sévigné) bus stop in the STAR website
- By Taxi: You can call + 33 2 99 30 79 79
- Balthazar hôtel & spa ***** : 19 rue Maréchal Joffre, 35000 Rennes
- Le Saint Antoine hôtel& spa **** : 27 avenue Janvier, 35000 Rennes
- Hôtel des Lices ***: 7 place des Lices, 35000 Rennes
- Hôtel Anne de Bretagne ***: 12 rue Tronjolly, 35000 Rennes
- Hôtel de Nemours ***: 5 rue de Nemours, 35000 Rennes
- Visit the tourist office website to discover the best options for you
For further information about Rennes and surrounding areas, please consult the official website of tourism in Rennes.