We believe in making and shaping a competitive digital Europe that is inclusive, fair and sustainable and aim at global impact through European innovation fueled by entrepreneurial talent and digital technology.
We embody the future of innovation by mobilizing a pan-European multi-stakeholder open-innovation ecosystem of top European corporations, SMEs, startups, universities and research institutes, where students, researchers, engineers, business developers and investors address the technology, talent, skills, business and capital needs of digital entrepreneurship.
We build the next generation of digital ventures, digital products and services, and breed digital entrepreneurial talent, helping business and entrepreneurs to be at the frontier of digital innovation by providing them with technology, talent, and growth support.
The Unipreneurship Lead is an important member of the Unipreneurship team of EIT Digital. The focus of the role will be to support the Head of Unipreneurship in achieving the business development goals and the EIT KPIs of the Unipreneurship team in Europe, including but not limited to summer schools, venture building, Jumpstarter (EIT cross-KIC initiative), hackathons (deephacks) and access to talent.
Summer Schools are 1-week or 2-week programmes that EIT Digital develops every year across Europe with its university partners for EIT Digital Master School students and any young professional who wants to upskill in specific deep tech verticals. The development of the 2-week summer school must be redesigned to be more focused on venture creation from students of the EIT Digital Master School.
The EIT Digital Deephacks are hackathon formats developed by EIT Digital to collaborate with corporates on specific deep tech verticals of interest and with a focus on venture creation.
The Unipreneurship Lead will support the Head of Unipreneurship in the design and implementation of a new venture building programme for PhD students, amongst which EIT Digital PhD students, and university partner researchers as well as any other researcher in Europe, to spin off their new ventures. The access to talent service is meant to increase the number of corporates and EIT Digital partners interested in EIT Digital students and alumni through the internship programme, the business case programme and the recruiting programme.
The Unipreneurship Lead is expected to work closely together with Universities, TTOs, students, researchers, startups and corporates and match their needs with all the Unipreneurship services.
The Unipreneurship Lead role is also required to source and support the writing and execution of European calls, grants and tenders (Horizon Europe, Digital Europe Program and more) related to Unipreneurship services to fund and expand those services further.
The Unipreneurship Lead will have to work closely with the alumni coordinator, innovation and education pillar teams, and the operations team.
The position reports to Head of Unipreneurship.
- Manage, organise and lead the Jumpstarter in close collaboration with other EIT KICs participating in the cross-KIC initiative;
- Manage, organise and lead the Deephacks in close collaboration with the EIT Digital university partners;
- Support the design and drive the execution of the Venture Building Program;
- Support the delivery of the Access to Talent service;
- Source and apply to EU calls that will help achieve programme updating, optimization, diversification;
- Support the Marcom team in giving students and alumni and their successes in EIT Digital programmes visibility;
- Manage relationship with stakeholders, such as students, partner universities and corporations;
- Support the reporting of EIT KPIs and Business Plan and EU calls reporting.
Qualifications and Experience
- MSc in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education, preferably in Computer science or related field. A PhD in STEM is a plus;
- Experience in both academic and innovation communities;
- Experience in development and delivery of entrepreneurial programmes;
- Experience with complex multi-actor organizational processes;
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects;
- Experience from international collaboration and public-private partnerships;
- Understanding of legal, fiscal and financial aspects to perform the reporting;
- Proven management skills with ability to work across disparate groups;
- Self-starter with operational excellence focus and hands-on mentality;
- Strong leadership and excellent public speaking skills;
- Strong relationship management skills and experience building trusted relationships with diverse stakeholders at all levels, including C-suite;
- Aptitude in problem-solving.
- Mastery of English, with superior verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of any of these languages: French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, German, Finnish, Swedish or Hungarian is a merit.
Preferably at EIT Digital HQ in Brussels, although location at one of the EIT Digital European offices with easy connection for travel in Europe might be considered. Regular travel across Europe will be required for this position.
Please mail a resume and motivation letter to email@example.com outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered.
EIT Digital is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. To build a strong digital Europe that works for everyone it is vital that we have diverse range of skills, knowledge, and experience in the sector. Therefore, we welcome applications from anyone who meets the above criteria and encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, and other underrepresented groups.
Applications (CV and motivation letter) should be submitted before 23:59 p.m. CEST on September 25, 2023.