We believe in making and shaping a competitive digital Europe that is inclusive, fair and sustainable and aim at global impact through European innovation fueled by entrepreneurial talent and digital technology.
We embody the future of innovation by mobilizing a pan-European multi-stakeholder open-innovation ecosystem of top European corporations, SMEs, startups, universities and research institutes, where students, researchers, engineers, business developers and investors address the technology, talent, skills, business and capital needs of digital entrepreneurship.
We build the next generation of digital ventures, digital products and services, and breed digital entrepreneurial talent, helping business and entrepreneurs to be at the frontier of digital innovation by providing them with technology, talent, and growth support.
EIT Digital is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
For more information, visit www.eitdigital.eu.
The CEO of EIT Digital is an experienced and passionate CEO who will further strengthen the EIT Digital partner network, create a solid base for organizational sustainability, and ensure a healthy and productive organization. The new CEO will be tasked with increasing EIT Digital’s visibility and growing it into a service organization with a significant focus on business development and service creation for its partners.
The ideal candidate is committed to creating value and impact for EIT Digital’s network of partners and for the digital sector, supporting their successful development. The right candidate has extensive experience with working in diverse teams and navigating complexity for sound achievements.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The CEO shall be responsible for the daily management of EIT Digital and for the execution of the decisions of the Supervisory Board.
In particular, the tasks of the CEO shall consist of:
- Managing the C-level management team as well as the Regional Directors. The CEO chairs the Management Committee.
- Ensuring that the obligations of EIT Digital towards the EIT are met.
- Being responsible for the preparing, updating and proposing the following to the Supervisory Board
- The Business Plan of EIT Digital;
- The allocation of EIT funding;
- The annual budget and the annual accounts.
- Being the primary contact person of EIT Digital towards the EIT and third parties, in due consideration of decisions of the Supervisory Board and the General Assembly.
- Reporting to the Supervisory Board at least quarterly regarding the expenses and activities of the Association.
The CEO shall further:
- Shift focus from EIT-only to sustainable organization with multiple financial supporters.
- Develop the strategy of the organization together with the Supervisory Board and enable its execution.
- Contribute to the development of the EIT Digital Innovation and Education strategy and drive the execution and delivery of sustainable and impactful EIT Digital Innovation and Education activities in collaboration with the CIEO/CMO and the Supervisory Board.
- Contribute to the financial sustainability of EIT Digital by acquiring EU grants, customers and by establishing strategic EU-wide partnerships with relevant private and public stakeholders in collaboration the CIEO/CMO and COO/CFO.
The CEO manages the C-level management team as well as the Regional Directors.
The CEO shall operate under the supervision of the Supervisory Board.
Qualifications and Experience
- MSc or PhD in STEM, preferably Computer Science. MBA is an asset.
- 10+ years of leadership experience with digital innovation and entrepreneurship in industry, startup/scaleup ecosystems or technology organizations.
- International experience: long term activity in an international environment and/or experience abroad.
- Track record of working for a partner-based organization and/or strongly networked organization.
- Track record in promoting and championing diversity and inclusion in STEM.
- Strong network within the digital technology industry, startup/scaleup ecosystems, investor community and research/academia community.
- Strong presentation and public appearance skills in English and ability to effectively convey messages and value propositions.
- Successful track record in team management combined with excellence communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Tangible networking skills & ability to build performing networks / platforms; tangible experience in dealing with diverse network / process partners.
- Fluent in English; mastering any other European language is an asset.
Please mail a resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered. Additional information can be obtained via www.eitdigital.eu/our-community/careers.
Applications should be submitted before 17:00 CET on November 25, 2022.