As business leaders across the globe begin to embrace digitalisation, tech conferences are becoming more exciting than ever. From small and informal affairs to large events with elaborate stage designs and performances, there are a wide range of tech conferences across multiple industries that take place throughout the year.
Types of Tech Events
When attending a tech summit or conference, your goal may be to:
- hear speeches, keynotes or tech talks and find inspiration for business ideas
- learn about the latest tech trends and how they are digitalising businesses
- meet potential partners and investors for startups
- find work in the tech industry and gain professional experience
Tech conferences are normally focused on a specific industry, whether it be digital tech or FinTech, and are centred around a distinct goal.
The best connections are made at conferences. Strike up a conversation in between speakers and collect business cards. Many conferences include networking breaks specifically designed for you to find like-minded tech people, make useful contacts and meet potential partners or investors.
Trade fairs – or trade shows – are technology exhibitions that allow companies to showcase and demonstrate their latest products and services. Attendees can take advantage of hands-on experiences with innovative technologies, as well as face-to-face interactions with the companies themselves.
Keynote speeches are given by high-profile leaders in the industry, and can be what makes or breaks a conference. They will usually speak at the beginning and end of a conference about topics that are of interest to everyone, from entrepreneurship to emerging tech trends.
Panel discussions with industry experts tackle hot topics and typically include Q&A sessions with the audience. This is a great opportunity to learn how leading businesses are innovating and overcoming challenges, and you might leave with some great ideas for your own project.
EIT Digital Conference: The Most Complete Tech Conference in Europe 2018
After successful conferences in 2016 and 2017, EIT Digital will host its third annual conference in Brussels on 11 September 2018, bringing together leading experts on the world’s most innovative digital strategies. The 1-day conference will feature a full programme of keynotes, tech talks and panels as well as an exhibition showcasing the latest disruptive digital technology trends. You will have the opportunity to:
- Meet the fastest growing tech companies and hear 20 top speakers give keynote addresses and leadership sessions to get inspired.
- Take part in exciting panel discussions with experts from a range of industries who will discuss how to fuel growth within deep tech, as well as tackling the challenges of tomorrow.
- Find out about the latest digital trends that will transform cities, infrastructure, healthcare, finance and industrial sectors across Europe.
- Get hands-on experience with some of the hottest tech including IoT, drones, blockchain, AI and AR.
- Network with international industry influencers from a range of organisations and meet potential business partners and investors, or find job opportunities.
The EIT Digital Conference is free of charge and will be held in Brussels on 11 September 2018, just before the academic year begins at universities and colleges. Find out more about our programme, and sign up to receive updates about the conference.