In the context of EIT ICT Labs' outreach activities, the Berlin Co-location Centre presents two initiatives as part of EIT ICT Labs Startup Activation 2014, designed to help startups from outreach countries both financially and with access to contacts and expertise within our network.
From August to October 2014, we invite four startup teams to Berlin-Charlottenburg for a 3-month residency program. We will support each team with a grant of 30,000€ and organize weekly events and workshops, to help the startups build connections to the Berlin startup scene and the partners of EIT ICT Labs.
We will also support the startups by giving access to the facilities in our Co-Location Centre and if needed, we can offer support with navigating the daily life in the German startup metropolis.
If an eligible startup gets an opportunity to present at an important event or to interact with an important player in the field, but they lack the funds to travel, we have opened a fund dedicated to making this happen. Funds will be made available on a regular schedule from now until the end of 2014.
Competition for both initiatives is limited to the finalists of our startup contests in 2013 and 2014 from 21 EU Outreach countries.
These are the selection targets (as a guideline). These are not single in-or-out criteria but the invited teams should meet most of these targets.
- Potential to impact the IT industry
- Potential to provide significant social benefit
- Potential for international expansion, European or global scope
- Potential of positive impact on originating country, XEU countries
- Depth of technological innovation and protectable intellectual assets
- Quality, potential and track record of team
- Fit with EIT ICT Labs, its Action Lines, Strategic Innovation Agenda, incl. High Impact Initiatives
- Fit with EIT ICT Labs partners, potential for mutually beneficial strategic cooperation
XEU Outreach Programme
The Berlin Residency programme is part of the XEU Outreach Programme and invites the finalists of four startup contest from XEU countries to apply for a three-month residency in Berlin-Charlottenburg from August to October 2014. The programme includes support and access to the meeting rooms at the Berlin CLC and a workshop programme set up as follows:
- August: Taking the Startup to Europe, workshops on Legal, Accounting, Access to Finance
- September: Accelerate to the Market, workshops on UX, lean development, IPR strategies & networked markets, …
- October: Getting ready for demo, workshops on substance, content, presentation for the Demo Day
Please contact the project lead to request more information on the above.