On March 4/5 the Smart Energy Systems pre-call workshop 2016 and the Business Community were kicked-off at the High Tech Campus Eindhoven, Netherlands.
On the first day after a Round Table discussion on future collaboration of small and big players in the energy sector, the SES Action Line Leader Dr. Heiko Lehmann started the SES community meeting with a welcome and an introduction into the coming process of the pre-call workshops, which is open for all EIT ICT Labs partner organisations.
Newly introduced was the SES Business Community. Actors from innovation projects, industry representatives and agile European startups came together to discuss about collaborations and investments in their businesses. Clearly some highlights were the startup and innovation activity pitches in the afternoon. The strong interest and demand in exchanging information on the newest presented smart energy innovations was shown in the extensive discussion until late in the night.
The business-driven interaction from the warming up of the evening before was continued at the next day together with the grown Smart Energy Systems community and was concluded in open workshop sessions where new project ideas and consortia were developed for the 2016 Call for Proposals.
Key dates for the Smart Energy Systems Call 2016 process
- March 25: Publication of Call for Proposals for 2016
- April 15/16: EIT ICT Labs Partner Event (Trento)
- May 22: Submission deadlineJune 15–18: Consensus Meetings for Innovation Action Lines
- June 22–26: Initial feedback to proposal authors and initial update of Activity proposal (when required)
- June 30 – July 2: Management Committee decision-making meeting
- July 6–17: Feedback to proposal authors incl. ABCX classification; update of Activity proposal when required