As part of the Rennes 2018 In-Out, EIT Digital will unveil its innovation and education mobility projects.
The different challenges of the future of mobility addressed by EIT Digital will be presented during a roundtable and a workshop:
- March 14, a European roundtable will take place in plenary session on the theme " Towards a European market for new mobility".
- March 15, the EIT Digital Professional School will animate new European training on developments in citizen participation (methodology and digital solutions) including practical cases related to mobility in partnership with Inria and Missions Publiques.
The innovation of smart cities is one of the pillars of EIT Digital, the European agency for digital transformation in Europe. Established in France since 2008, including in Rennes via our satellite, EIT Digital wanted to enhance its commitment in the Brittany region by participating in in-Out Rennes 2018.
Guillaume Toublanc, Managing Director France of EIT Digital declares: "The Brittany region and in particular, the Rennes metropolitan area and its ecosystem are precious for EIT Digital. We have been working with the University of Rennes 1 for several years as part of our Master School and Doctoral School programs as well as with the Competitive Cluster Images & Reseaux as part of our European Open Innovation Program. Therefore it seemed important to us to invest more and demonstrate our presence in the context of in-Out with our European roundtable on new mobilities to which I will participate and our training session on CivicTechs of our professional school."
Stéphane Péan, Head of the Digital Cities action line at EIT Digital explains: “Moving towards a European market requires a strong commitment from nation-states to the regulatory and normative framework. Regions and cities, increasingly powerful, are also called upon to implement solutions more openly to facilitate their deployment. With the advent of connected objects and 5G, urban mobility will be fully integrated into the digital city. Citizens should also have their word to tell in these developments! "
To learn more about the EIT Digital Roundtable on March 14, 2018
Date and venue: On March 14th 2018, in Rennes (Couvent des Jacobins) from 12pm to 1 pm
Theme: Towards a European market for new mobility
- Stéphane Péan, Head of EIT Digital Digital Cities Action Line
- Sami Sahala, ITS expert at Forum Virium (Finland)
- Marco Pistore, Business Unit Director at Fondazione Bruno Kessler (Italy)
- François Bodin, teacher-researcher at IRISA and holder of the chair "Mobility in a sustainable city" at the University of Rennes 1
- Maximilian Venhofen, Director of Business Development at Cleverciti Systems GmbH (Germany)
Moderator: Guillaume Toublanc, France Director EIT Digital
To register and attend the roundtable: www.inout2018.com
To learn more about the Civic Participation (methods and civic tech) training of the EIT Digital Professional School on March 15, 2018
Venue and date: On March 15th 2018, from 2pm to 5pm at the Rennes Métropole Hotel, 4 Avenue Henri Fréville in Rennes (André Bonnin Room)
Objective: To discover the methods of consultation of citizens using a large scale, which combine face-to-face techniques with the use of civic tech tools
Who the training is for: People in charge of citizen participation programs in local authorities as well as individuals from the private sector, especially those in charge of marketing activities in search of validation of the hypothesis of the definition of a product or service.
Format: 3 hours of experimentation and debate workshop
Content: The workshop will answer the following questions:
- What is the purpose of participation, what does it produce?
- What are the methods of co-construction and participatory techniques?
- How to identify the policies and projects that individuals associate with?
- How to size and implement the consultation (in session, online or in a hybrid of the two)?
- Which digital solutions to use, from local to global, according to the objective pursued?
To subscribe and learn more: click here
To learn more about EIT Digital’s Professional School and training:
Contact: Lise Teissier du Cros ( Lise.firstname.lastname@example.org / +33(0)6 20 78 91 24 )