Date: 18 June 2020
Location: Online (13:00 - 15:00)
There is a growing awareness around the impacts of food production. Mindful eaters and foodie activism demand that the food they buy and consume is sustainable, fresh and of high quality. Sustainable food is also the centre of, for example, the Sustainable Development Goals, and the Paris Climate Change Commitments. Therefore, the symposium From Farm to Fork brings together consumers and local producers to discuss the digital transformation of the food chain to build a sustainable agriculture.
Platform technology will end the problems in the food chain, is the key statement behind this symposium. The keynote speaker explore what this digital transformation entails. Topics that will be brought to stage are precision agriculture, robotics, urban and rural logistics, web platforms, high tech food and health ICT, and among others innovations in the food chain. Basically, every step in the food chain from the farmers land to the consumers plate will be addressed.
The symposium also showcases the latest innovations that are disseminated by knowledge institutions. After the symposium you will have ideas about the digital integration of processes between organisations and the digital government and insights in the role of Artificial Intelligence and Cyber Security in the food chain.
The symposium is for everyone involved in the digitalisation within companies, science, government and other societal organisations, and of course farmers and consumers.
- Lydia Meijer - Senior Strategist TNO
- Nevra Ledwon - Strategy & Operations Consultant for Meadowbreeze Farm
- Janneke Hadders - CEO and Owner Dacom Farm Intelligence
- Christine van der Vorm - Co-founder Up To Us
- Andy Zynga - CEO EIT Food
- Paul Bos - Deputy Director LTO Noord
- Jantine Doornbos - CEO and Founder Dropper
- Nanne Huiges - CTO Belsimpel
- Menno Kok - Managing Director EIT Health Belgium & The Netherlands
- Hugo Velthuijsen - Director Marian van Os Centre for Entrepreneurship Hanze University of Applied Sciences
- Esther de Lange – Member of the European Parliament
From Farm to Fark is an initiative from DigiAgrommeland and the symposium is a joint effort of EIT Food, EIT Health, EIT Digital, University of Groningen, Hanze University of Applied Sciences, KPN, NDC media group and TNO.
Save your seat now to join the symposium on Thursday, 18 June.