Following the successful event series, EIT Digital, TU Berlin and Media.net would like to invite 15 top European start-ups (from EIT Digital) to meet 30 European investors at the 4th edition of the Investors´ Dinner Europe in Berlin. At this highly exclusive event up to 30 European angel investors and venture capital firms (e.g. Angelsbootcamp and international VCs such as Earlybird, Balderton and Wellington) meet with innovative and promising SEED/EARLY-stage start-ups from the ICT sector at an exclusive dinner location. Investors and strictly one representative per start-up company will be invited.
There are certain requirements involved:
- Applying start-ups should show first market traction, have a European focus and an investment need above 300k€ (typically seed-/ early stage between 500k€ and 5m€)
- Start-ups are nominated by the local EIT Digital Nodes (max. 2 start-ups per Node; only one person per start-up can participate) and selected by an European selection committee.
- Successful participation at the preparatory Pitch-Coaching on the 7th and 8h of September in Berlin
1. Pitching: Start-ups will pitch and speed-date at an exclusive dinner with international Angel Investors and VCs.
2. Training: Start-ups will be well-prepared by attending a 2-day high class international Silicon Valley Pitch- Coaching with Beth Susanne.
3. Cross-Businessing: Start-ups will get to know other EIT Digital companies, and benchmark them against other start-ups.
Application deadline: June 30th, 2015
Please submit the attached one-pager via your local EIT Digital Business Development Manager. The Pitch Coaching and Investors Dinner is free of charge. Travel costs might be covered by your local EIT Digital Business Developer, please get in contact accordingly. We look forward to meeting you in Berlin!
Birgit Lack / BDA Manager EIT Digital Germany / firstname.lastname@example.org
Florian Uhlig / Access to Finance Manager EIT Digital Germany / email@example.com
9:00 Silicon Valley Pitch Coaching: Learn How to Present the “Perfect Pitch“
- Each entrepreneur/participant presents 1-minute pitch with feedback from Beth Susanne & participants
- Presentation by Beth Susanne on Silicon Valley Pitch Coaching Tips
13:00 5-minute pitches
- 5-minute pitches with slides (also, if time allows, with feedback by Beth Susanne and other team members)
18:00 Dinner (start-ups only)
23:00 End of Event
9:00Pitch Feedback Round
- Incorporate feedback from Day 1
- 2 Breakout groups of 3 companies each: Co-coach each other
- Incorporate feedback into pitches
13:00 Pitch Round
- 5-minute pitches presented again, with slides/feedback from group
- 1-minute pitches presented again with feedback
- selection of Top 3 start-ups
14:00 Depart to Angelsbootcamp* (at Startupbootcamp 5 minutes pitch of Top 3 start-ups + feedback from Angels)
17:45 INVESTORS DINNER EUROPE
Moderator: Oliver Beste (serial entrepreneur)
18:30 Introduction to Investors
21:15 Individual conversations and further opportunity for networking
23:00 End of event
*Angelsbootcamp: in cooperation with Angelsbootcamp we run a 2-day workshop with 20-25 European Angel Investors at the same time in Berlin. You can learn from their feedback and meet them all at the Investors Dinner Europe.