Realise fully digitalised local-for-local food chain
- Date: 5-7 June, 2020
- Where: Online
- Register: https://ultrahack.org/FarmToFork
- Application deadline: 31 May 2020, noon CEST
How to better connect consumers with local producers for more fresh and sustainable products? Target the links in this farm-to-fork food chain and find new technology or business models to upgrade them. The prize is €5000 shared among winning teams.
A growing trend is that consumers wish to have more convenience in grocery shopping, meanwhile maintaining sustainability, freshness and quality. The aim of this challenge is to better connect local consumers and local producers. For example, in the “virtual vegetable garden” consumers can buy from local farmers directly and have their groceries delivered.
To create an ecosystem of services building a new functioning chain from farm-to-fork, links in the established chain need to be connected.
These links can be, for instance
- OEM precision farming platforms for farming robots that allow a robot to switch fast between different crops, and different operations (for example weeding, feeding, monitoring)
- Digital platforms for offering to a consumer the products currently on offer from a multitude of farmers, and for the consumers to view how their crop is growing.
- Digital platforms to collect, package and transport the goods ordered by consumers from multiple local farmers.
- Platforms for recommendations and advice (recipes, health advice, environmental rankings, …) connecting directly to the products currently on offer.
Sustainable distribution systems
- For collecting goods at multiple farms in the countryside and/or delivery to customers in the city
- in any of the above scenarios.
Your challenge is to come up with one or more links in this chain. Links building upon combinations of digitalization, online platforms, automation and robotization, or to come up with an architecture through which the different actors in the ecosystem can connect to build an interconnected chain from farm-to-fork.
What you can win
- 5000 Euros, to be divided among winning teams
How to join:
- Apply for the challenge at ultrahack.org/FarmToFork
and complete your profile.
- Enter a ‘submission’ by adding the project name and thorough description.
- Add team members. Teams can be up to 5 people. Each team member needs to register individually to join the submission.
- Shortlisted teams will be invited to the event, where they will code and pitch their solution to the judges.
The "From farm to fork" DeepHack is organized by EIT Digital in collaboration with a group of companies and research/education institutes active in IT and Agriculture in the Northern Netherlands: