Join EIT Digital DeepHack to develop data-driven solutions for epidemic and pandemic lifecycle management.
EIT Digital challenges you to find digital solutions for data driven epidemic and pandemic lifecycle management.
Join us for the online DeepHack: DATA against COVID-19
- When: 1-3 May, 2020
- Where: Online
- Register: https://ultrahack.org/covid-19datahack
- Application deadline: 27 April, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic is holding the world in a medical, social and economic stranglehold and has forced world leaders to take unprecedented measures and actions. These measures help dampen the spread of the virus, however, have devastating impact on the economic activity resulting in possible recession and high unemployment.
Managing how the lifecycle of a pandemic (COVID-19 likely will not be the last pandemic the world will face) develops is a primary concern of policy makers and industry leaders. As tools covering early warning, fast response, curve management and back-to-normal approaches become indispensable, so do the availability of the right data and ways to analyze such data.
Modern digital technology, like mobile phones, data analytics, AI and social media offer a unique set of tools to provide and analyze data, to model, communicate and influence behavior and help manage pandemic lifecycles.
For this DeepHack we appreciate solutions in the following domains:
- Alert or monitoring system using mobile DATA
- Info provisioning and sharing DATA relevant to COVID-19
- Systematic DATA analysis in different regions, populations and age groups (allowing for more targeted responses)
- Integration of epidemic and economic DATA in order to drive more accurate societal impact analysis
We are not looking for medical and/or pharma solutions.
The event will be open for teams of individual students, entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs as well as teams from start-ups, scale-ups, SMEs and corporates. Based upon relevance of the proposed solution and the composition of the team, maximum 15 teams will be selected for participation.
A total amount of € 15,000 will be granted to the winning teams.
In addition, teams might be considered for a follow-up activity for a period of 6 months with substantial financial support from EIT Digital, to fully develop and deploy their solution
Teams will be judged on the following aspects of their final presentation:
- impact on fighting pandemics,
- scalability of the solution,
- business model or cost effectiveness of the solution
How to join:
- Apply for the challenge at https://ultrahack.org/covid-19datahack
- Enter a ‘submission’ by adding the project name and thorough description
- Add team members. The event is open to teams of individual students and/or entrepreneurs, as well as teams from start-ups, scale-ups, SMEs and corporates. Based upon relevance of the proposed solution and the composition of the team, maximum 15 teams will be selected for participation.
- Shortlisted teams will be invited to the online event, where they will receive support from high-profile mentors and pitch their solution to the judges
April 27, 2020 (noon CET)