Welcome to an After Work seminar organised by EIT ICT Labs Stockholm, Dataföreningen Stockholm and SIS standardization committee for Human-system interaction.
The User will never disappear.Long live the User!
Do you want to know more about usability, how it can help you and your organization - as a customer, supplier, project manager, developer, buyer, product manager, student or anyone else? Then you should not miss this interesting After Work!
At this seminar you will hear Jan Gulliksen, Professor in Human Computer Interaction at KTH and also the chairman of the Swedish Commission for Digitalization, who will challenge your thoughts about “usability” and describe the value for everyone regarding usability.
Anki Josefsson, former strategist for Rikspolisstyrelsen, will present a case, the PUST-system, intended to facilitate the work of the Swedish Police - and how it turned out.
Furthermore, Thomas Berns, chairman of SIS workgroup for Human- System-Interaction will also point out the role of standards on usability; Why are there ISO standards on usability? What is the value? How should they be used?
Following the presentations there will be a panel discussion led by moderator.
17:30 Networking and light meal, hot and cold drink
18:00 Welcome by Gunnar Landgren, Node Director, EIT ICT Labs Stockholm
18:05 – 19:00 Speakers
19:00 – 20:00 Panel discussion and more networking
Speakers and panelists:
• Jan Gulliksen – what is the value of usability?
• Anki Josefsson – presentation of a case: the PUST-system and learnings from the outcome
• Tomas Berns, Chairman of the Swedish standardization group for Human-system interaction - What is the value of international standards in the field of usability and presentation of some existing relevant standards and ongoing trends in the standardization area of usability.
• Mats Berglind, UX, Tieto
• Rose-Marie Arnmark, Test and Quality Assurance, Network leader DFS
• Konrad Tollmar, Associate Professor, Human Computer Interaction, KTH, Co-ordinator Master Programme in ICT Innovation, EIT ICT Labs Stockholm
Moderator: Dr Mario Romero, Associate Professor in Human-Computer Interaction in the Department of High-Performance Computing and Visualization (HPCViz) at KTH
Please register for catering and seating planning. The event is free of charge.
Date: September 17, 2013
Venue: EIT ICT Labs Isafjordsgatan 26, Elevator C, level 3, Kista