Cyberattacks in industrial environments have severe consequences for factories and employees. The importance of cybersecurity in industrial environments cannot be emphasised enough. That is why EIT Digital Professional School and Fraunhofer bring to you the executive course Cybersecurity for Industry 4.0. to learn everything you need to know about cyber-attacks and how to prevent them.
This course provides the participants with the fundamentals of cyber security for automation systems - from classical automation systems to Cyber-Physical Production Systems (CPPS) based on the terminology of Industry 4.0. By the end of the class participants are able to understand the main aspects and importance of cybersecurity.
Participants will learn to apply methods of secure communication as a prerequisite for implementing Industry 4.0 use cases such as Condition Monitoring, Plug & Work and Optimization. The security concepts learned will strengthen and sensitize the participants for security-critical processes and enable advanced training.
The course is divided into six topics:
- Introduction in Industry 4.0 with use cases, the benefits and the risks
- Cyberphysical production infrastructure
- Network analytics,
- Public key infrastructures, encryption, authorisation, and certificates
- Cyberattacks. How they disturb networks and affect production
- Securing networks. How can we prevent cyber-attacks?
Key take aways
- Learn the essentials of Industry 4.0 use cases
- Understand security risks in automation technology
- Get to know well established security concepts
- Apply security methods in hands-on trainings
- Operators of industrial plants
- Integrators of industrial machines
- Developers of automation components
- IT professionals interested in discovering the field of industrial automation
The masterclass is offered in three variants:
|Variant||On-site training||Online learning||Costs (excluding tax)||Minimum participants|
|1||2 days||no||1500 euro||6|
|2||1 day||1 day Webinar||1150 euro||7|
|3||1 day||Online learning||950 euro||9|
* The course will have an autumn edition on 20-21 October
To get a better impression of the course you can watch this video: