If you want to apply data-driven approaches at work, then learning about it is the first step to start. This you can do at the EIT Digital Professional School executive course Applied Data Science, developed by our partner Bright Cape. You will learn how to set up and execute data science projects that enable you to bring your organisation to a higher level.
The phrase “data is the new oil” has been repeated many times by now. This phrase, coined in 2006 by Clive Humby, a British mathematician in 2006, has the meaning in it that data is valuable, but if you leave it unrefined, it cannot be used.
In this all-round and intensive course, you will directly get hands-on with your data brought from your business. You will thus work with actual real-life data instead of data from predefined or irrelevant cases. Due to Corona, the course will be given online. Individual sessions with the trainer will be planned during the training
This course guides you in establishing your data science project. You will work with the well-known methodology Team Data Science Project (TDSP) a flexible, agile data science-methodology to efficiently implement predictive analytics-solutions and intelligent applications. Furthermore, the course covers the following subjects:
- Drivers to effectively set up and execute a data science project
- Data cleaning and visualization techniques
- Theory and hands-on experience with data science techniques and tools such as process mining, linear regression, machine learning, and classification
- Your own use case and real-world examples
Key take aways
- Gain hands-on data science experience with your business case .
- Identification of data science use cases and their business value.
- Knowledge of data analyses techniques and when to apply them.
- Learn how to successfully set up and implement data science projects within your business.
Who should attend
- Employees involved with improvement projects such as business, logistical, or financial analysts, marketing employees, product owners, and managers.
- Can be attended as a team to directly experience the roles within a data science team.
* The course will have an autumn edition on 3-5 November in Eindhoven, The Netherlands