In the last years the need for a more powerful, flexible, and resilient Internet has arisen, not only in the scientific community, but also within its users. The EC has initiated an RTD initiative, the FI-PPP (www.fi-ware.org), which aims at generating new Internet-related technologies and solutions to boost occupation and economy in Europe. This activity intends to establish mutually beneficial links between the FI-PPP and the EIT ICT Labs initiatives.
We expect to select, train, and support up to three start-ups or SMEs dealing with Future Internet and Internet-of-Things technologies. The selection process will be divided into two phases:
- Selection of up to 10 startups and SMEs for FIWARE Training: 3-day training by Telefonica and Technical University of Madrid (selection by August 31).
- Selection of up to 3 SMEs for developing a demonstration project in the area of Future Internet (selection by September 30, 2014).
The following competences and experience are required:
- Competence in middleware technology and/or Internet of Things.
- Competence in FI-WARE is a plus.
- Competence in information system integration.
Read more about this Call on the Calls & Tenders web page.