Ten startups have been shortlisted out of 67 applicants in the category Cyber Security & Privacy.
The finalists will pitch their ideas at the final on November 13 in Trento in front of an expert jury consisting of industry experts, investors, entrepreneurs and business accelerators. The final will take place at the Trento CLC.
The finalists are:
- Alessandro Armando & team BYODroid from Italy
- Alessandro Passerini & team Cryptolab from Italy
- Jens Hermans & team n-Auth from Belgium
- Jovan Stevovic & team CHINO from Italy
- Matteo Bogana & team Cleafy from Italy
- Paul Marinescu & team "Cloud-based software testing through symbolic execution" from UK
- Roberto Pittia & team Cryptobrand from Italy
- Stefano Alberico & team Cripto: locking for freedom from Finland
- Thierry Rouquet & team Sentryo ICS CyberVision from France
- Udo Lorenz & team D-Fence from Germany
The jury is:
- Wolfgang Knejski, Business Accelerator, EIT ICT Labs
- Jovan Golic, Cyber Security Action Line Leader, EIT ICT Labs
- Bram Spitzer, Business Accelerator, EIT ICT Labs
- Daniele Vitali, Senior Manager, Reply
- Gabriele Elia, Manager Future Internet Technology and Research, Telecom Italia
- Jeanne Pirttilahti, Director Security in the Cloud Program, F-Secure Corporation
Click here to to see profiles of the finalists and jury members.
It is a big challenge to protect security and privacy of enormous amounts of data being collected, processed and stored in the cyber space. Lack of timely technical solutions may put at risk privacy and liberty of citizens and may endanger the growth of ICT-enabled products and services, whereas security breaches can have significant negative impact on people’s lives, jobs and property. The existing gaps between currently available techniques and the situation in practice should be filled by innovative solutions following the «privacy & security by design» paradigm. Looking forward to see the best innovative solutions found by the finalists!