An introduction to innovation and entrepreneurship for researchers in digital technologies
Are you a PhD student or a young researcher interested in setting up your own start-up or developing high-tech innovation products or services? This seminar is for you!
This seminar aims at helping researchers understand what starting a new business is about and what the first steps are. It is targeted at inspiring, motivating and raising awareness among doctoral students and researchers on high-tech innovation and business development. The seminar includes talks, workshops and hands-on entrepreneur testimonials on entrepreneurship and innovation.
Date: Tuesday 8 and Wednesday 9 March 2016
Venue: Open-Space EIT Digital Rennes, ISTIC building (12D), 2nd Floor, Beaulieu Campus, 263 av. du Général Leclerc, 35000 Rennes, France
- EIT Digital Doctoral Training Centre and Co-location centre, Rennes
- Télécom Bretagne
- IGR-IAE, University of Rennes 1 Business School
- Corporate partners.
Who can attend?
This seminar is open to PhD students and junior researchers.
Registration deadline March 4 2016
The seminar is free of charge within the limit of 30 people. Registration is binding. Travel and accommodation costs are not covered by EIT Digital.
For more information contact the Manager of the Doctoral Training Centre Rennes at email@example.com
- Identify innovation potential of research activities for future product or services
- Understand how to use academic research as a springboard to start and lead business
- Be aware of different perspectives on academic entrepreneurship
- Recognise characteristics of innovation and new business trends in the ICT field
- Learn more about business management concepts
- Network with experienced entrepreneurs
- Understand customer behaviour and markets trends.
If you are a doctoral student from University of Rennes 1, note that this seminar is complementary general and professional training recognised by MATISSE Doctoral School. A participation certificate is provided upon request at each session.
Download the programme here (PDF format):