This event is part of EIT Digital Silicon Valley European Pop Up Series.
Privacy regulations differ fundamentally from one side of the Atlantic to the other. While Europe is better known to be more consumer focused when it comes to security and privacy regulations, the US tends to work more in favor of entrepreneurs and larger corporations.
Being able to bring a product or a service across the Atlantic can be very exciting: reaching out to a new market, testing with new users, linking to the broader ecosystem. However, security and privacy regulations must be closely respected in order to scale properly. Some of the difficulties reside in the fact that regulations are not aligned between the EU and the US. Hence, the differences can be hard to understand and the solutions challenging to implement.
What’s a startup to do?
Privacy and Security experts from the corporate, legislation, startup and analyst side will be discussing the issues, challenges and benefits entrepreneurs and startups encounter on both sides of the Atlantic.
Some of the questions the panelists will try to answer will include:
- What are the EU-US differences in privacy and security regulation, and why these matter to startups?
- Are privacy regulations tougher in Europe than in the US?
- What are the critical legal issues regarding mobile applications in Europe and US?
- Who really owns the data?
- What are the challenges to grow globally when dealing with privacy and security issues and regulations?
- How can cross-Atlantic startups best tackle these issues and grow successfully?
- Timothy Yim, Director of Data & Privacy at Startup Policy Lab
- Dr. Kai Westerwelle, Partner at Taylor Wessing
- Babak Siavoshy, Global Privacy at Palantir Technologies
- Marko Turpeinen, Director EIT Digital Silicon Valley (moderator)
For more information on the speakers click here.
6.00-6.40pm: Registration & Networking
6.40-6.50pm: Welcome announcement from PARISOMA & EIT Digital
6.50-7.00pm: 3-minute presentations from each speakers
7.00-7.40pm: Panel Discussion
7.40-8.00pm: Q&A session
8.00-8.30pm: Closing & Networking
169 11th Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
For more information contact Pashû Christensen (email@example.com)