The KIVI Section Business Administration, invites you in the new premises of EIT ICT Labs in Eindhoven of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT). The vision from the EU, original initiator of EIT, will be made clear and from there its cascading way down towards running EIT ICT Labs and managing one of its biggest, currently running, projects in which engineers are working together in an European setting. Additionally there will be time for networking and meeting each other.
This KIVI activity will take place on Tuesday March 31st 2015 on the High Tech Campus Eindhoven, in the Co-location Centre of EIT ICT Labs, Building HTC31.
Apart from networking possibilities, there will be 2 presentations. The first one by Patrick Strating, Node Director Eindhoven of EIT ICT Labs and the second one by Robert-Paul Berretty, Coordinator of the ‘ Fit to Perform’ project.
Presentation 1: EIT ICT Labs, the story… by Patrick Strating
- How EIT and EIT ICT labs came into being
- What drives companies and education institutions to look for new ways of cooperation in innovation and education
- How researchers, academics and business people are brought together to establish new ways of cooperation
- How educational systems are changed to produce top talents ready for future ICT challenges
- How the vision will be realised in Action Lines and concrete activities
Presentation 2: High Impact Project, Fit to Perform, by Robert-Paul Berretty
Important vehicles to realise the mission as mentioned are projects, defined by a subset of the international partners. One of the biggest projects is mainly executed in Eindhoven. It addresses the question how ICT will contribute to the wellbeing of professional drivers in the EU.
- The instrument, high impact initiatives
- How the project is set up on two locations taking into account EU rules
- How to balance the interests of the partners in the project
- How to achieve project results in this special setting
|16:25||Welcome by Hans van Zonneveld|
|16:30||EIT ICT Labs, its mission and organisation|
Questions and Answers by Patrick Strating
|17:30||Networking break with drinks and sandwiches|
|18:30||Professionals Fit to Perform|
Questions and Answers by Robert-Paul Berretty
|19:30||Questions, discussion, feedback led by Hans van Zonneveld|
|20:00||Evaluation and closure|
|20:15||Networking drinks and closure|
For catering purposes, you are requested to register before 20 March. In case you are hindered please let us know in advance to prevent unnecessary costs.