The EIT ICT Labs Budapest Doctoral Training Centre organises a "Growth and Harvest" course on 18-29 of May 2015 in Budapest.
The two week long course is announced for all doctoral students of the EIT ICT Labs partner universities and Doctoral Training Centres.
The Growth and Harvest course introduces doctoral candidates to business growth and international growth related management issues. It gives an understanding of the competition, networking knowledge and business, management as well as financial issues of a growing business.
The intended learning outcomes of the Growth and Harvest component include the following:
- The ability to exploit the growth potential of their research based venture.
- The ability to lead a growing firm entrepreneurially and managerially and manage the value of a company in the markets.
- The ability to understand the roles of entrepreneur/manager and differentiate the changing role and activities of the entrepreneur/manager as the business grows.
- Learn how to effectively manage a research, development and innovation portfolio and maintain innovativeness in a growing firm.
- How to master different growth and harvesting strategies, ability to apply them and understand their connections to firm functions and strategy.
- How to master business valuation and appraisal and different exit strategies.
- Gain understanding and the ability to be part of the international (global) business ecosystem.
- The ability to create, exploit and maintain strategic brands within an organisation.
- The ability to exploit the competition and networking knowledge in business.
- The ability to secure the finance in a growing company.
- How to master the basic of risk management in an organisation.
- The ability to discuss and realize the contribution of growing firms to economic development and employment generation at local and European level.
Prerequisite for the participation in the Growth and Harvest component is the Business Modelling and Development component.
The programme of the course will be available soon.
18-29 May 2015
EIT ICT Labs Budapest Associate Partner Group
H - 1117 Budapest, Bogdánfy utca 10/A.
The number of participants is limited. Registration is binding.
Lectures, social programme and serving are free of charge for the participants, as described in the program.
Should you have any questions about the event, please send an e-mail to Mr. Bálint Fügi
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 36-1-381-2299