On October 21st, the SICS Data Science Day, a half day seminar sponsored by EIT Digital will be all about Deep Learning, Machine Learning, the next-generation distribution of Apache Hadoop for "normal people", and other new technology you want to know about.
Danny Bickson and Guy Rapoport from Dato Inc. will give a full tutorial and in depth look at GraphLab Create. This is more hands-on if you want to learn about tools for advanced analytics. Seats are more limited for this tutorial.
Venue: Kista Science Tower, Kista, Sweden.
Free of charge, register before October 12th. Seminars will be live streamed and recorded for later viewing if you can´t attend on site.
8.30-12.30 PRELIMINARY SEMINAR PROGRAMME
Program Chair: Björn Hovstadius, SICS Swedish ICT.
- Introduction by Dr. Daniel Gillblad, SICS Swedish ICT, Director of the Decisions, Networks and Analytics Lab
- KEYNOTE: Dr. Danny Bickson, Dato Inc., Co-Founder: Deep learning made easier with reusable features
- Prof. Anders Holst, SICS Swedish ICT, Senior Research Scientist: Machine Learning in Data Science
- Dr. Jim Dowling, SICS Swedish ICT, Senior Researcher: Hops – the Next Generation of Hadoop Hops
- Theodore Vasiloudis, SICS Swedish ICT, Researcher
Special Afternoon Session:
13.30-16.00 GRAPH LAB CREATE TUTORIAL
NOTE: Separate registration, limited seats!
More information about speakers and the programme here: https://www.sics.se/events/sics-data-science-day-2015