The EIT ICT Labs Budapest APG and the Budapest node of FI-PPP XIFI and are pleased to announce the FIWARE Lab Training event held in Budapest, Hungary. The training aims at providing a technical introduction on how FIWARE Lab platform and various open APIs provided by FIWARE can be used to quickly create innovative Future Internet applications in various domains. After the training sessions, our experts are also offering a consultation session to discuss how their generic ideas can be solved in a FIWARE-enabled way. The training is held in English.
17 March, 2015
EIT ICT Labs Co-Location Centre
1117, Budapest, Bogdánfy utca 10/a (corner of Bogdánfy u. and Warga L. u.)
FIWARE is an open initiative aiming to create a sustainable ecosystem to grasp the opportunities that will emerge with the new wave of digitalization caused by the integration of recent Internet technologies. The initiative is based on the following key pillars:
- The FIWARE Open Platform: The FIWARE platform provides a rather simple yet powerful set of APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) that ease the development of Smart Applications in multiple vertical sectors. The specifications of these APIs are public and royalty-free.
- Besides, an open source reference implementation of each of the FIWARE components is publicly available so that multiple FIWARE providers can emerge faster in the market with a low-cost proposition.
- The FIWARE Lab: FIWARE Lab is a non-commercial sandbox environment where innovation and experimentation based on FIWARE technologies take place. Entrepreneurs and individuals can test the technology as well as their applications on FIWARE Lab, exploiting Open Data published by cities and other organizations. FIWARE Lab is deployed over a geographically distributed network of federated nodes leveraging on a wide range of experimental infrastructures.
- The FIWARE Ops suite of tools: FIWARE Ops is a collection of tools that eases the deployment, setup and operation of FIWARE instances by Platform Providers. It is designed to help expand the infrastructure associated to a given FIWARE instance by means of federating additional nodes (datacenters) over time and allowing cooperation of multiple Platform Providers. FIWARE Ops is the tool used to build, operate and expand FIWARE Lab.
- The FIWARE Accelerator Programme: The FIWARE Acceleration Programme aims at promoting the take up of FIWARE technologies among solution integrators and application developers, with special focus on SMEs and start-ups. Linked to this program, the EU launched an ambitious campaign in September 2014 mobilizing 80M€ to support SMEs and entrepreneurs who will develop innovative applications based on FIWARE.
Similar programmes may be defined in other regions.
The event is free of charge, but requires registration.
Detailed agenda and registration: http://bit.ly/1CvmTRp
This training is organised by the Budapest FIWARE Lab node operated by Wigner RCP within FI-PPP XIFI.
More information about FIWARE and its acceleration programme:
- About FIWARE technology http://www.fiware.org/
- About FIWARE Accelerators http://www.fiware.org/accelerators/
- More information about XIFI https://www.fi-xifi.eu/
Contact: Andrea Boródi