By car / taxi from central Madrid using freeway A-6 (recommended if using car or taxi) or from the airport:
- If in central Madrid, take the A-6 freeway outwards from the center (North) and take the M-40 ring road counter-clockwise (towards A-5).
- If at the airport, take the M-40 to the North (counter-clockwise).
From the M-40:
- Take exit 38 and follow the service road parallel to the M-40.
- Then take the second exit on the right (opposite the short tunnel under the M-40), following the "UPM Montegancedo Campus" signs.
- Enter the campus and follow the signs to the IMDEA Software Building (round corners and triangular shape).
Additional instructions, including those for public transport, and in Spanish, can be found here.
Google Map of the Campus: click here
Hotels and Restaurants
Madrid is one of the top European tourist destinations and there are many hotels and restaurants available, depending on your needs and tastes.
We generally recommend hotels in the city center, close to the Opera and the Royal Palace. One of the recommended hotels is Hotel Meninas****. Please contact us for help with reservations and special rates or discounts.
- LA PALOMA (Traditional)
c/ Jorge Juan, 39 28001 Madrid
- MAGERIT (Traditional)
Plaza Mayor, 22 28012 Madrid
- LA PULPERIA DE VICTORIA (Modern informal, sea food)
C/ Victoria, 2 28012 Madrid
- CASA PATAS (Traditional)
C/ Cañizares, 10 28012 Madrid
- QUINTANA 30 (Modern formal)
C/ Quintana, 30 28008 Madrid