Teach the Teacher
- Young children grow up using Internet. Yet, they often do not take appropriate security measures. This illustrates the need to combine education with cybersecurity training.
- EIT Digital will teach 3,000 schoolteachers in Europe about cybersecurity to learn their pupils to use internet safely.
- In collaboration with Fraunhofer IAIS Institute we develop the online learning programme Cybersecurity 4 schools.
- The first part of the programme is in German Cyberseurity4schools.
- In 2020 the material will be translated into English and rolled out in different European countries.
"Digital skills, especially about cybersecurity, are essential for any citizen. One cannot start early enough to learn these skills. Therefore, I am extremely happy that we as EIT Digital substantially contribute through this Teach the Teachers programme that will reach around 3000 teachers across Europe in order to prepare them for bringing this knowledge to their pupils."
Willem Jonker - CEO EIT Digital