Tap into the flows - I3H spinning iHub web
We believe in networks, we build on networks, we establish an iHub Network. EIT Digital has been successful in creating and supporting both local and pan-European eco-system to evolve and grow into an excellence network. I3H is a project, which wishes to take further the mandate of building excellence network, having few specifics in the concept:
- I3H plants and grows a technology vertical, FIWARE, open source platform for web-based services;
- I3H reaches out to the innovative regions where EIT Digital is not yet present;
- I3H embraces successful, agile accelerators and incubators in partnership for scalable business development
We are establishing the iHub Network in collaboration with EIT Digital partners and the FIWARE community. The initial network consists of EIT Digital hubs in Budapest, Eindhoven, Helsinki, Madrid, Paris and Trento, coinciding with the respective Nodes of EIT Digital. We are scouting for more hubs, inviting the best hubs in Europe up for the mission of Internet innovation.
As the result of the first open call for new hubs we were happy to welcome in January 2015 Bolt Accelerator (Malaga, Spain), CIE (Oulu, Finland), ClujHub (Cluj-Napoca, Romania), EMGI (Tel Aviv, Israel), etventure (Berlin, Germany), Faubourg Numérique (St Quentin, France), iCatapult (Budapest, Hungary), INiTS (Vienna, Austria), InovaJet (Prague, Czech Republic), IPN Incubadora (Coimbra, Portugal), Poznan IIH (Poznan, Poland), Tehnopol Startup Incubator (Tallin, Estonia), Technoport (Luxembourg).
We are continuously looking for more quality hubs to join our network, the next cut off date for member selection is on March 31, 2015 and the candidatures could be presented at http://www.f6s.com/I3H#/apply or by contacting us.
We are offering and jointly developing iHub Services to be offered either delivered from each iHub, or as an iHub Network offering, and the shop is already open! These services include business development and training services for several stake-holder groups, always Internet technologies as the vertical.
The one-stop shop is open at i3h.eu
Open for more
We are continuously looking for more quality hubs to join our network, the next cut off date for member selection is on March 31, 2015 and the candidatures could be presented at http://www.f6s.com/I3H#/apply or by contacting us. Do you have what it takes to become an iHub? Check if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a physical hotspot
- You bring together: web entrepreneurs, mentors, investors, technology, developers & experts, public sector innovators and large industry representatives
- You are an accelerator: providing business development and backend services, as well as workspaces
- You are FIWARE savvy
- You are connected: to special infrastructures like energy, smart city, mobility, education, open data, 3D printing, testing, etc.
- You are sensitive to grass-root movements
- You have a legal entity for your iHub activities
- You are willing to grow European and global
FIWARE is an open software platform for the creation of innovative cloud-based applications and services. It provides both powerful and easy to use modules that allow developers to quickly and cost-effectively build their applications. Development of context-aware applications, which connect to the Internet of Things, carry out real-time processing of data and content, perform BigData analysis or incorporate advanced user interface capabilities has never been so easy, saving developers time and effort. FIWARE components provide APIs that are public and royalty free, supported by open source reference implementations.
We are running at iHubs an I3H roadshow, giving FIWARE information on the technology and its prospects, presenting use cases and providing information on funding opportunities when using FIWARE.
See the calendar for your closest event http://i3h.eu
More information on FIWARE http://fi-ware.org
Contact: Susanna Avessta