Call for start-ups and SME for FIWARE based demonstrators: 25.000,00€ support per company
Deadline: The deadline to submit proposals is July 31st, 2014.
In the last years the need for a more powerful, flexible, and resilient Internet has arisen, not only in the scientific community, but also within its users. The EC has initiated an RTD initiative, the FI-PPP (www.fi-ware.org), which aims at generating new Internet-related technologies and solutions to boost occupation and economy in Europe. This activity intends to establish mutually beneficial links between the FI-PPP and the EIT ICT Labs initiatives.
We expect to select, train, and support up to three start-ups or SMEs dealing with Future Internet and Internet-of-Things technologies. The selection process will be divided into two phases:
- Selection of up to 10 startups and SMEs for FIWARE Training: 3-day training by Telefonica and Technical University of Madrid (selection by August 31).
- Selection of up to 3 SMEs for developing a demonstration project in the area of Future Internet (selection by September 30, 2014).
The following competences and experience are required:
- Competence in middleware technology and/or Internet of Things.
- Competence in FI-WARE is a plus.
- Competence in information system integration.
The SME will take part in the FI-PPP Liaison activity from October 1st until December 31st 2014. The allocated maximum budget amounts to EUR 25.000,00 per company with room for up to three companies. This shall cover all costs related to the project, including travel costs.
Responses shall include the following information in a maximum of 3 pages:
- Confirmation that the respondent is an SME as defined by the European Commission.
- CV of the people (technical and coordinator) that will be working in the project.
- Relevant competences and experience of the SME.
- Expectations and ambition goal for the SME participation in the project.
- Contact person of the SME.
Please, for more information, contact email@example.com