Call for SMEs - Activity: 15153 MOSES - Mobile Opportunistic Services for Experience Sharing
EIT ICT Labs Grant available for one SME open for 2015
EIT ICT Labs has one Activity in 2015 in the Segment of Future Networking Solutions that seeks an SME with the right capabilities to join the respective Activity for the project year 2015 as a subgrantee.
1. Activity 15153: MOSES - Mobile Opportunistic Services for Experience Sharing Leader: Joerg Ott (Aalto University)
The target area is the development, deployment, business modeling, and evaluation of a mobile experience sharing platform and application(s) for visitors of fairs, amusement parks, and events, among others, to (instantaneously) share their experience among each other, without the need to detour through cloud services. The project will address mobile applications (and supporing local infrastructure) aiming at the Expo 2015 fair. Example applications include instant sharing of photos and video clips with associated information openly or within a group.
We are seeking an SME that can offer:
- a robust communication platform for mobile applications that supports experience sharing between users using online and offline, cloud-based and peer-to-peer, infrastructure-based and ad-hoc communication;
- this platform available at least for Android devices and (embedded) Linux devices;
- an API with a (possibly third-party) operational experience sharing application on top that can be modified/extended during the Activity;
- adapting its platform to the needs of specific events;
- a tested solution that is readily available for deployment in the beginning of 2015 so that cooperation with the event organizers can begin immediately; and
- support in business modeling for the project-specific specific use case.
Maximum grant volume: 40,000 EUR
Duration: until 31 December 2015
Applications to be submitted to: Joerg Ott (email@example.com)
Application deadline: 31 December 2014, 23:59 UTC
The applicants should submit a company profile and a proposal (of no more than four pages) that comprises at least the following elements:
- the expertise in the field;
- the specific contributions ("value-add") offered;
- how the expectations will be met;
- an estimated cost breakdown for manpower, project-related equipment, and travel (assume some 3000 EUR for project-related travel).
In both cases, a grant agreement will be signed with Aalto University as the EIT ICT Labs partner responsible for the deliverables by the SME. This agreement will also address IPR handling within the project.
Download the Background Information - Activity: 15153 MOSES (PDF format) for more information.