ARISE Europe Call for Innovation Centres
Deadline: The deadline for applications is April 30, 2016.
EIT Digital's mission is to drive European leadership in ICT innovation for economic growth and quality of life. ARISE Europe is a program of EIT Digital designed to stimulate regional growth in EU countries where EIT Digital is not present with one of its Node or Associate Partners. Its objective is to connect local and regional Innovation Centres to EIT Digital's innovation and education ecosystem.
This Call opens the opportunity for Innovation Centres (accelerators, community builders) from the following ARISE Europe countries to apply and have a chance to join the consortium: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia.
- Connect to EIT Digital's EU-wide partnership and innovation ecosystem
- Improve the services to your ecosystem and boost the acceleration of your startups and scaleups by working together with EIT
- Digital's experts - mentors, business developers, access to finance experts, business communities
- Gain higher visibility at the European level by connecting to EIT Digital's innovation and education activities
- Extend and strengthen your local ecosystem by jointly mobilising, attracting and involving new stakeholders
- Be fully empowered thanks to a strong co-funding mechanism of joint activities
Applications can be submitted online only through our application portal:
The online application consists of a brief questionnaire about the applying organization, its history and past successes, its ecosystem and the service it provides to the latter, its competences, skills and key resources, as well as about its plans for the future and the major benefits they expect from the collaboration with EIT Digital.
The deadline for applications is April 30, 2016.
The selection process will go through two stages. During the first stage, the submitted applications will be evaluated and shortlisted by an Evaluation Committee appointed by the head of EIT Digital's Arise Europe program. The evaluation criteria for this stage are the following ones:
- The Innovation Centre has a track record in building and maintaining its local innovation ecosystem.
- The Innovation Centre has living contacts with regional universities, research organizations, business innovators and startups.
- The Innovation Centre has a track record in offering services to its ecosystem (e.g., co-location spaces, incubation, training opportunities, education, events, hackathons, access to finance, etc.).
- The Innovation Centre has a strong experience in startup/SME coaching and business support at the local or regional level.
- The Innovation Centre has experience in running and maintaining accelerator activities and in helping large and small companies to work together.
- The Innovation Centre has demonstrated means to continue its successful activities in 2016-2018.
- The Innovation Centre is seeking to expand its activities at the European level and it provides a clear outline of visions for benefiting from the collaboration with EIT Digital.
- The application has been submitted following the call instructions and all relevant information is provided.
The second stage will consist in the discussion and negotiation of the content of the cooperation with the shortlisted applicants, possibly during onsite visits by the evaluation team. The discussion and negotiation will turn around the activities to be performed, the funding requested and co-financing made available by the shortlisted organizations. The final selection will be made according to the best balance among these three elements.
Framework for Collaboration
EIT Digital intends to enter into annual agreements for collaboration with the selected Innovation Centres, which can be renewed depending on the outcomes of a stage-gate process.
The selected Innovation Centres will need to sign a sub-granting agreement with a dedicated EIT Digital Partner to obtain the financial support covering claimed eligible costs, according to EIT rules, up to a maximum of 60K Euro on an annual basis. The exact amount will be determined during the second stage of the selection process, according to the details (content, duration, Innovation Centre's co-financing) of the annual agreement. For year 2016, the work must be carried out, and the results must be delivered, between May-December 2016.
Confidentiality & liability
All interested parties undertake to preserve the confidentiality of any document, information or other material received that is duly classed as confidential, if disclosure could cause prejudice to the other party.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, under no circumstances and under no legal theory whether in tort (including negligence) contract or otherwise shall EIT Digital nor its partner to be liable for any special indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including loss of profit.
For more information on the ARISE Europe Call, please, contact Fabio Pianesi (email@example.com).